Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hurricane Eve Pizza: Nana's Pizza

On the eve of Hurricane Irene, we decided we would order a bunch of pizza so we could have leftovers should the power go out. (Read = we didn't feel like cooking!) We had my in-laws over so we needed a place that would have Gluten Free options for my father-in-law. We decided to try out Nana's Pizza in Everett, MA, since it was closest driving distance. (Well, if you don't count the 20 minutes my husband got lost picking up the pizza, it was the closest.) 

It was excellent! Even the Gluten Free Pizza was very good according to my father-in-law. I also sampled the Gluten Free Chicken Wings and they were quite tasty. There are more and more restaurants with Gluten Free options, but it is still challenging to find something that tastes good. Nana's Pizza did a great job. 

Their other menu options were also excellent. We had a regular cheese pizza, mushroom and pepperoni, all of which far exceeded our expectations. We also sampled one of their Specialty Pizzas - the Zsa Zsa - it was bellissimo! One of the best pizzas that we've had recently. It is a white pizza with fresh tomato slices, ground garlic, oil and a topped with a four cheese blend. I highly recommend it!

Today we're riding out Hurricane Irene at home. We have a TON of leftover pizza, so we'll see how it does when it's reheated. For me, I like to eat it cold! That will be a good thing especially if the power goes out!

Hope everyone is staying safe in this hurricane!

No comments:

Post a Comment